Senior Product Designer
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. From the guy with just an idea to the established brands like Chanel, Nike, Spotify and Netflix, we are here to make their idea happen by connecting them to the best spaces globally and providing a seamless experience to match their different needs and aspirations.
We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date – from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the biggest in the retail and property industry, such as Natalie Massenet, founder of Net-a-Porter. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’, Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries, and so far 200,000+ brands and thousands of landlords joined our mission.
As a part of our Product team, you will be a key part of revolutionising our platform and bringing new features to life. You’ll be building an amazing user experience for brands and landlords globally. As well as creating a seamless backend platform for our Concierge Team and Landlord Partners.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—new destinations, technologies, and services. It’s a great time to join and be part of our increasingly diverse team that focus on finding creative solutions and, ultimately, empowering our global community. Come join us!
Help us make ideas happen
Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’re extremely proud to make software that has helped a creative community of over 100,000 people launch their first ventures or test their ideas around the world. In the future, we will be the de-facto global marketplace for retail space. We’re looking for someone who wants to make real impact in their community and help entrepreneurs find the perfect space to launch their ideas. Your work will help make your city a more interesting place to be in.
Looking for a challenge?
Appear Here is a complex two-sided marketplace with a unique set of challenges. You’ll design the tools that creatives need in order to find, launch, and promote their spaces. For many, this will be their first ever venture. On the other hand, you’ll be designing tools that help property owners manage their growing portfolios in a market that’s lacking such tools. This enables more flexibility and makes short-term lettings possible.
- You’ll work within the Product team to design industry leading experiences and features to take Appear Here to the next level.
- You’ll have a deep understanding of our users through data analysis and conducting your own research activities.
- You’ll see the bigger picture and articulate this through journey maps and blueprints, identifying user pain points and business opportunities along the way.
- You’ll be able to effectively map out flows from ideation to final delivery and everything in between. Shipping the high fidelity deliverables but also keeping a keen eye on performance and iterating on your work.
- You’ll draw on the expertise of those around you with an inclusive and collaborative design process, often working with senior stakeholders and our CEO.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You’re passionate about solving problems and making things simple
- You know that one size does not fit all and take responsive design seriously
- You have worked with engineers and product managers, ensuring they are brought into the design thinking process and not just expected to ship designs
- You can work with and extend our existing brand guidelines and design systems
- You enjoy sketching, wire-framing and creating interactive prototypes to test your ideas
- You’re passionate about UX methodologies and have experience in Service Design
- You’re at your best when working as part of a team
- You’re comfortable working in an office environment but are also able to thrive remotely - following our hybrid model
- You’re able to create bespoke experiences and designs, utilising animation and prototyping tools, to bring your ideas to life during presentations
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your design process and thinking end-to-end, with a good eye for graphic design, digital design patterns and interactions, and understanding of product development process
- Experience using design software such as Figma, Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud
- 5+ years experience working in a start up or PropTech environment. Desirable but not neccessary.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Plenty of social activities, including board games evening at the office, product team nights out (bowling, darts, mini-golf, and more) and a monthly product team lunch at a local restaurant
Hear from amazing speakers within different industries. Appear Here hosts an 'Underground Session' event each month, inviting 4 experts to share their experiences and opinions. We also have an internal 'Global Gathering' once a year which includes exclusive talks from investors, industry-leading brands, and inspiring members of our community.
Sharing culture through our 'Product talks'. If you have learned something new, this is the place to share it with the team through a short presentation.
Friday lunch once a week our company comes together for a team lunch. This is an opportunity to get to know people from different teams while enjoying dishes from our favourite local restaurants.
SOME MORE PERKS
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Opportunities and budget for personal learning development.
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.
See life inside @appearherehq and at @team.appearhere
Something looks off?