Data Science Leader
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
🌳 Infogrid began in 2018 on a mission to make buildings more sustainable, buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to impact this!
🚀 We have amazing products solving real world problems, come and join us in either the UK or US and help drive our mission forward.
We have an opportunity for an exceptional leader, capable of defining and executing a comprehensive data science strategy. This is not about purely technical goals; this is about connecting data science to everything that Infogrid does – and what we aspire to do – for energy & efficiency in the world of commercial real estate. We are looking for someone who can tell us what our vision should be for data science at Infogrid, can create a path to it, can bring people with them, and can execute to success.
So: Are you a natural leader who can look at customer challenges with a data science mindset? Do you love building and nurturing super strong teams of data scientists? Are you excited to direct an organisation’s use of contemporary machine learning and data science technology? If so, read on.
We have a young company environment, where the sky's the limit, but nothing comes for free. You should also know that we are a startup with limited resources operating in a competitive market. Everything moves fast, including our priorities. Sometimes it can be chaotic. Outcomes are not certain, but each day you will do work that has impact.
Why might you want to join us?
- We try to be good people to work with – we value collaboration, outcomes over egos, and kindness.
- We’re a startup. Every day is different.
- We have an amazing group of data scientists building models that already help our customers today.
- Interesting data sources – largely IoT – sensors, energy meters, custom hardware, utility ingest.
- You can help save the world. Infogrid exists to reduce the energy used by buildings.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Most of all, whatever is necessary to realise your vision for data science at Infogrid. But also:Managing a team of data scientists; looking after them, making them effective, aligning outcomes.
- Providing technical leadership to your team.
- Designing components of our product that are powered by data science models, in collaboration with our product managers.
- Working across the entire business to exploit the skills and technology of your team, wherever they can make a difference.
- Alongside our other senior managers, setting the strategic direction of the Product and Tech organisation at Infogrid.
- Building, nurturing and exploiting relationships across the entire business, so that data science – both tech & vision – is embedded into what we do, everywhere that that makes sense.
What we’re looking for:
- You are an experienced leader in data science, AI and machine learning, with a track record of creating DS/AI/ML strategy from the ground up in a SaaS context.
- You understand what is possible with modern data models and techniques, and you are able to translate that into a variety of customer and business settings.
- You have the ability to communicate data science ideas and potential outcomes to others without a technical background.
- You are an experienced people manager of technical teams, with expertise in mentoring, hiring, and determining team structures.
- You have expert-level technical ability in at least one sub-area of data science, familiarity with time series data, and ability to work effectively with git, Python, SQL, public cloud, and modern data warehouses – ELT/ETL, pipelines, and so on.
- You have knowledge of, and ideally concrete experience with, IoT sensors and the modelling of physical systems (for example, digital twins).
- You have previous experience working closely alongside senior managers and leaders in diverse disciplines to accomplish common goals, including where initial requirements are poorly defined and careful clarification is necessary.
- You are able to influence others to see fresh perspectives and modify their priorities, in light of the data science opportunities that you advocate for.
Come save the world with us!
❤️ Feel good about your work: Infogrid is actively helping big companies reduce their environmental footprint. We also offset everyone’s carbon footprint.
🤸 We’re flexible: We encourage remote working and offer flexible working hours to everyone.
🌍 We're passionate: everyone is passionate about the mission and how the work we do helps our planet
Work with great people: work alongside incredibly talented and supportive within a small but mighty workforce
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to your recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.