AWS Cloud Engineer
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
AWS Cloud Engineer
JLL Technologies CoE – Bangalore
About the company
Jones Lang LaSalle, an international commercial real estate firm is looking for an AWS Cloud Engineer. This role will be responsible for all automation needs for Cloud infrastructure as well as Application release delivery (AWS). This person must have 3+ years of recent experience with Amazon Web Services. This person must be very passionate about infrastructure as code. This person will work with and interface with multiple teams to automate their needs and requirements as well as maintain all of the infrastructure and setup in cloud through automation. This person will need to think out of the box and looks for ways to improve the environment in cloud through automation. Will also work with tools and API of different software we have in place and look to leverage and setup direct automation with those tools such as interfacing with AWS Devops virtual workloads and various other tools and infrastructure components.
About the role
We are seeking a skilled Cloud Engineer with a strong background in automation to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing and supporting our cloud initiatives, including infrastructure as code and automation tools such as Terraform Cloud, GitHub Actions.
You will also be responsible for troubleshooting issues with AWS and related applications and assets, as well as delivery tools such as global traffic managers, CDNs, DNS, networks, and load balancers/gateways.
Sounds like you? To apply you need to be:
Experience & Education
- Masters/Bachelor's degree in Information & Computer Science, Statistics, or a quantitative discipline in science
- 5+ years of recent and extensive hands-on experience using AWS and AWS Devops/SRE
- 5+ years of experience with cloud automation tools such as Terraform Cloud, GitHub Actions, Ansible.
- 5+ years of experience working in automation and DevOps
- 3+ years of experience with scripting languages such as AWS CLI, PowerShell, and Python
- 3+ years of experience in architecture design, implementation, and support of highly distributed setups (ensure high availability and reliability)
- 3+ years of experience in migrating on-premises workloads to the public cloud
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Must have - AWS Services, Terraform, GitHub actions, CI/CD experience, Python, Kubernetes, Shell scripting
- Nice to have –PaaS experience and PowerShell
- Expert level automation engineer with a track record of driving automation adoption and implementation
- Experience implementing new automation code for servers, applications, configurations, and cloud management
- Familiarity with source control for managing infrastructure as code
- Experience integrating with different applications via automation to accomplish tasks
- Proficiency in setting up new automation scripts using CloudFormation Templates, CLI, PowerShell, and Terraform
- Strong understanding of cloud, automation, and infrastructure
- Strong troubleshooting skills for cloud and automation
- Experience in implementing orchestration and automation
- Track record of successfully deploying cloud in an enterprise
- Experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Familiarity with versioning tools such as GIT and AWS Devops
- Strong coding and scripting skills
- Deep technical experience in IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS (AWS focus)
- Ability to connect on-premises technology to cloud offerings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively and following through on tasks
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work through issues and challenges
- Ability to do technical design and documentation
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Self-starter and motivator with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
What we can do for you:
At JLL, we make sure that you become the best version of yourself by helping you realise your full potential in a fully entrepreneurial and inclusive work environment. If you harbour passion for learning and adapting new technologies, JLL will continuously provide you with platforms to enrich your technical domains. We will empower your ambitions through our dedicated Total Rewards Program, competitive pay and benefits package. It’s no surprise that JLL has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the 2019 World’s Most Ethical Companies for the 12th consecutive year.
Location:Hybrid –Bengaluru, KA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.