Senior Director, Azure
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
The Senior Director for Azure will manage a global team and is responsible for coaching, mentoring, and aligning the work of the team in the support of the engineering, automation and operations of the Azure Cloud environment at JLL/T.
The Senior Director and the associated team report into the Global Cloud organization to ensure alignment with IT and security best practices for our public cloud footprint in Azure. This role works closely with the Cloud Platform Architecture Lead as well as the Shared Cloud Services Lead to ensure our Azure Cloud is secure, automated and meets the business needs of Technology Engineering.
In additional to being the lead for Azure, the candidate must have experience and skills that demonstrate the ability to implement and operationalize global large-scale systems atop public cloud service providers, strong leadership ability as an individual contributor and manager, and excellent communication skills. You will be required to make sound business and technical trade-off decisions that align with business objectives, CIO tower objectives, and enterprise compliance requirements.
Azure Cloud Thought Leadership (30%)
- Define and advocate self-service, secure cloud platform including integration with other Foundational technologies and systems.
- Define an approach to Azure Cloud engineering that leverages public cloud platforms at the appropriate level to meet the needs of the business and its application portfolio.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a documented recommendation.
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on Azure on latest trends, technology, etc., and operate as a subject matter expert to the organization for Azure, including networking, provisioning, operations, and management.
- Provide oversight for JLLT cloud platforms and services that encourage developer adoption and meet JLLT requirements for security, agility, and efficiency (cost optimized)
- Ensure scalable operation of cloud services through automation and self-service enablement.
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud modules for consumption by internal users.
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks.
- Exert considerable influence on the overall objectives and long-term goals of your team.
- Evaluate and understand the current state of JLLT’s Azure footprint and develop a roadmap to evolve and migrate to a more self-service, secure, and optimized cloud environment.
- Represent JLLT (JLL Technologies) and its values in public communication around broad initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions. Interact with customers and other external stakeholders as a consultant and spokesperson for the work of your team.
- Provide thought leadership in industry and to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements.
- Ensure delivered solutions meet and perform to technical and functional and non-functional requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk.
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations.
- Collaborate with cloud enablement and cloud platform services to bring new features and services into production using best practices.
Operational Responsibilities (30%)
- Lead Global Cloud Infrastructure team driving delivery and quality of the Azure Cloud
- Lead Agile process.
- Create strong internal relationships, train others and evangelize your findings and implications.
- Identify risks and develop/implement remediation plans.
- Define and implement infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to migrate workloads into Azure.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration process.
- Act as the coach and mentor to team members and technical staff on their assigned project
- Develop a cohesive team and ensure their continued success.
- Conduct product work reviews with team members.
- Evaluate the performance of team members, providing feedback, and helping team members set and achieve performance goals.
- Managing team’s utilization and ensuring that resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Ensures the expansion and growth of the team and its members.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or closely related subject; advanced degree preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience in designing and operating large and complex IT systems.
- 5+ years in a senior management role
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals.
- Must demonstrate broad knowledge of modern web-application design patterns and software stacks.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (e.g., multi-tenancy, virtualization, containerization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Must demonstrate broad knowledge of IT and Cloud security concepts and implementation of controls for protecting customer and corporate data and understand implications of security standards such as ISO (International Standards Organization), SOX (Sarbanes Oxley), SSAE (Standards for Attestation Engagements) 16, etc., on the platform architecture.
- Demonstrated expertise with Azure IaaS and PaaS offerings.
- Demonstrated expertise with container orchestration and management platforms (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with leading infrastructure and application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, Splunk)
- Experience deploying and managing Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Expertise with programming languages such Go, Python, PowerShell, Bash etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes including CI/CD practices and tooling (Git, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Octopus)
- Strong troubleshooting skills of large-scale applications comprised of microservice applications.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and layer 7 routing
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Clear and expert understanding of routing and route tables as it relates to Azure.
- Experienced in Azure governance, Networking, Express Route, S2S VPN devices, Site Recovery, Azure Monitor, RBAC, virtual network and subscription peering.
- Experience with Azure Cloud, Docker, Terraform, Azure Devops
- Experience with scalable architectures using container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, AKS).
- Logging and monitoring of cloud deployments
- Leadership experience throughout the software lifecycle
- Exceptional documentation and diagramming skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
Estimated compensation for this position is:298,000.00 – 337,000.00 USD
The pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Location:Remote –Chicago, IL
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.