Senior Engineering Manager - Edge / IoT
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
Senior Engineering Manager - Edge / IoT
JLL/Technologies Centre of Expertise
What this job involves:
About the role
Focus will be on building highly scalable Smart building IoT, Edge capabilities, Cloud services and applications to enable outcomes energy, building operations, occupancy etc.. The engineering team functions around multiple regions globally. The team is constituted of highly skilled developers, Quality Engineers and DevOps with background in building and deploying microservices.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage & build global team of IoT, Firmware and Cloud engineers responsible for developing Smart building platform and solutions with focus on Edge and IoT capabilities
- Drive best in class solution design and delivery practices utilizing agile, devops, CI/CD etc. frameworks
- Be a technical hands-on leader to contribute to design and provide technical guidance to the teams during various aspects of the product development process. The candidate should have deep technical expertise, having been a hands-on architect/developer for several years in their career
- BS/MS in Engineering or Computer Science with more than 8 yrs in Software Development and 3-4 years as technical lead / management experience
- Own and deliver against our product development roadmap in close partnership with Product and Design teams.
- Partner with internal enterprise and external vendors to deliver best in class solutions.
- Measure success in terms of adoption, usage, improvements and industry recognition.
- Strong advocate for development process, and culture of continuous improvement. Should be well-versed in managing global teams.
Sounds like you? To apply, you need to be:
Ideal Candidate will have:
· Reputation as a forward thinker, especially in the technology and data space
· Operated in an environment of unprecedented, rapid change, where innovation and quick responses yielded success
· Strategic in nature, with a strong bias towards execution
· Critical thinker with a strong intellectual curiosity, balanced with high emotional intelligence
· Stimulates action with a balanced leadership style of control and influence
· Decisive – willing to take risks. Operates with a sense of urgency
- Experience with MQTT, REST, Distributed Computing and Message-Driven Development.
- Experience with experience with BMS protocols BACnet, Modbus, Tridium/Niagara
- Experience working with Cylon, Mnet, OPC DA/UA, LON, Trend IQ, etc. Is highly preferred.
- Experience with AWS PaaS products and/or other cloud providers is a big plus.
Experience in Hardware & Firmware Engineering and building IoT, Gateway solution
Experience in manufacturing & supply chain management for Hardware solutions
Additional skills we are interested in:
- Development experience in writing production code in one or more languages - Python, .Net, Java, Terraform etc..
- Experience with Cloud Engineering / Operations in one or more cloud environments - AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with developing and delivering highly scalable applications and services
- Experience with developing IoT and Analytics solutions
- Experience in architecting scalable solutions utilizing microservices architecture
What we can do for you:
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Location:Hybrid –Bengaluru, KA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.