Senior BI Analyst
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
LOCATION: REMOTE based in the United States
Compensation: $80,000-$90,000 base + bonus
The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
What this job involves
- Design, develop and deploy BI solutions, including interactive dashboards in Tableau, sourcing data from internal SQL Server databases, Tableau published data sources, external sources, and leveraging ETL tools (Alteryx) for Projects and Operations in Real Estate
- Develop, execute, and monitor simple to moderately complex data management / analytic processes to support ad hoc data and information delivery for assigned projects
- Gather business requirements, transform them into technical tasks, and then translate results into actionable insights
- Leverage industry tools (i.e. Alteryx/SSMS) to assess data quality and assist to resolve data quality problems
- Validate and cleanup input data, ensure assumptions are correct, manage outliers appropriately, raise any questions or issues with the input data if any exists, and help find the root cause of those issues
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand business questions/requirements/opportunities, and to support the accurate business usage and interpretation of JLL data as well as provide insight/answers to meet the needs of the business
- Other responsibilities related to the job directly asked by the Business Intelligence Manager and/or the Project Management Office Manager
Interested? An ideal candidate would need to have the following qualifications
Desired experience and technical skills
- 2+ years of BI, business or data analyst experience required ideally in a project administration, corporate real estate, financial analysis or business intelligence position
- High level of technical skills with demonstrated ability to manage, manipulate, analyze raw data, research data issues, draw conclusions, provide resolution, and develop actionable insights
- Must have demonstrated experience in building and analyzing reports and dashboards along with summarizing the data for business users - Able to take abstract ideas or requirements and work independently towards development of a solution
- Strong understanding of analytic/statistical concepts with the ability to explain them to others of varying data experience
- Experience with data visualization tools, Tableau and Power BI preferred
- Proficiency in ETL processes/tools - Alteryx Preferred
- Programming skills (SQL, Python, Java, R and others) with experience developing complex queries
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, MIS, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Technology, or or a construction related field
- Reliable, self-motivated, and self-disciplined individual capable of planning and executing multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced environment – works well in a remote environment
- Experience in Project Management related to Construction and Real Estate is strongly recommended
- Business analysis, consulting/advisory and/or project or client management experience will be a strong plus
- Exposure to SharePoint Power Applications and SSRS (Report Builder) a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies and knowledge of development lifecycle is a plus
- Can present with confidence and composure to any audience
Estimated compensation for this position is:80,000.00 – 90,000.00 USD
The pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Location:Remote –Charlotte, NC
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.