Lead Devops Automation Engineer
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
Lead Devops Automation Engineer
JLL Technologies COE
What this job involves:
About the role
Jones Lang LaSalle, an international commercial real estate firm, is seeking for a Lead Devops Automation Engineer. This role will be responsible for Mentoring and driving all automation initiatives for Cloud infrastructure as well as Application release delivery (Azure). This person must have 8+ years of recent experience with Microsoft Azure. This person must be very passionate about infrastructure as code. This person will guide multiple teams to automate their environments and guide and document requirements. This person will need to think out of the box and looks for ways to improve the environment in cloud through automation. They will also work with tools and API of different software we have in place and look to leverage and setup direct automation with those tools, these would include interfacing with Azure DevOps virtual workloads and various other tools and infrastructure components.
- Lead all cloud initiatives the company is looking to implement or go to.
- Mentor engineers on automating building of application code using Build Pipeline in Azure DevOps
- Create and manage highly available systems on Kubernetes
- Mentor engineers on Automating Deployment of Application Code using tools Like Octopus Deploy, Bamboo, CircleCI.
- Architect and document infrastructure as code for cloud using automation tools like ServiceNow Orchestration and Octopus.
- Lead support of all cloud resources in Azure
- Troubleshooting Applications and Infrastructure resources hosted in Azure
- Expert level automation engineer with previous experience to help drive automation adoption and implement it across the enterprise
- Help mentor the Azure Cloud Engineers on the team on Azure Platform and Automation.
- Attend Discovery Calls for New Application looking to be hosted on JLL Azure Infrastructure.
- Review the Application hosting requirements and make recommendations based on JLL Security and Hosting Policy.
- Work closely with different groups across the broader JLL IT teams, including server, network, security, project management
- Work Closely with the Lead Azure Architect on the team to set direction for use of new resources available in Azure.
- Test out new Azure resources and make recommendation on implementing them to improve the current JLL Azure environment.
Sounds like you? To apply you need to be:
Experience & Education
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Information & Computer Science, Statistics or a quantitative discipline in science.
- 8+ years of cloud and automation experience in Azure and automation tools such as Octopus Deploy and Azure DevOps.
- 5+ of experience working with Kubernetes and Docker.
- 8+ years’ experience working in automation and DevOps
- 5+ years’ experience with Scripting languages for Azure (ARM, CLI, Powershell, Terraform, etc)
- 5+ years of architecture design, implementation, and support of highly distributed setups (ensure high availability and reliability)
- 5+ years of experience in migrating on-premises workloads to the public cloud
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong understanding of cloud, automation, and infrastructure
- Strong troubleshooting skills for cloud and automation
- Strong experience in implementing orchestration and automation.
- Experience in successfully deploying cloud in an enterprise
- Experience in successfully deploying Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience in successfully deploying Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with versioning tools such as GIT and Azure DevOps.
- Experienced in scripting and coding a must.
- Deep technical experience in IaaS and PaaS (Azure Focus)
- Ability to connect on-premises technology to cloud offerings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively and follow through
- Have excellent problem-solving skills utilizing both internal and external resources to get the job done. Work through issues and challenges
- Ability to do technical design and documentation.
- Have excellent technical leadership
- Self-starter and motivator and ability to work in team and solo
What we can do for you:
At JLL, we make sure that you become the best version of yourself by helping you realise your full potential in a fully entrepreneurial and inclusive work environment. If you harbour passion for learning and adapting new technologies, JLL will continuously provide you with platforms to enrich your technical domains. We will empower your ambitions through our dedicated Total Rewards Program, competitive pay and benefits package. It’s no surprise that JLL has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the 2019 World’s Most Ethical Companies for the 12th consecutive year.
Location:Hybrid –Bengaluru, KA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.