Sr. Analyst, BI & Analytics
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. With annual revenue of $3.9 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle operates in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services to a property portfolio of 2.6 billion square feet and completed $63 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2012. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $46.3 billion of real estate assets under management.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
- The only real estate services and money management firm listed on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 Best Big Companies” list for three consecutive years
- One of the “100 Best Corporate Citizens” in the United States named by CRO magazine
- A “best company to work for’ in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
- World’s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for fourteen consecutive years.
- America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Our dedicated on-account Business Intelligence (BI) team is seeking a Business Intelligence and Analytics Senior Analyst. The role joins a wider team of BI professionals supporting a large strategic client with a key focus on producing a growing array of BI solutions (dashboards, reports, apps, AI, ML, etc.). Our top talent team is on a journey to help the client shift from reporting the news to influencing it and we’re looking for team members who enjoy a challenge, never stop learning, and work well in a fast-paced team environment.
JLL BI bands progress as: Analyst à Sr. Analyst à Specialist à Sr. Specialist
This position will work as part of the greater Business Intelligence Center of Excellence, which has a well-established commitment to continuous learning and innovation. As such, the job holder will be expected to embrace the Tableau and Alteryx external communities to ensure their skills are constantly evolving and that they embrace new analytical techniques and functionality within our core BI products.
Roles and Responsibilities
This person will be accountable for building effective analytical products, being able to transform transactional data into meaningful business insights.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Motivated and effective at time management
- Collaborative and works well in a team environment
- An effective data visualization and storyteller
- Hungry for knowledge and someone who enjoys the journey of perpetual upskilling
- Brave enough to try new techniques and technology
The candidate will support the account’s vision that:
Data is Governed:
- Analytical solutions should be based upon data that is defined and documented based upon business rules and consistent ways of working.
- When solutions are placed into production the underlying data should be transformed to ensure it complies with the account’s Data Architecture strategy; data being defined and structured once through relational models, but then used multiple times through published Tableau Data Sources.
Data is Accessible:
- Solutions should be accessible to the business users, ensuring the benefits of analytics are realized and a measurable return on investment achieved.
- Analytics developed by the BI Sr. Analyst should be implemented in partnership with the Business Partnering Teams who will be responsible for supporting the business users to identify actionable business insights from the data.
Operational Processes are Efficient:
- Through the knowledge and expertise of the BI Analyst the efficiency of the account’s analytics should be maximized, ensuring Dashboards are developed using industry leading techniques and constantly referencing best practice identified through the BI community.
- Solution approaches and underlying design processes must be shared across all members of the BI Centre of Excellence.
Innovative Analytical Techniques are enabled:
- The account’s use of BI should always be seeking innovative and new techniques that drive increased efficiency and savings through effective utilization of data.
The outcome of the BI Sr. Analyst is to enable the business to make data-informed decisions, which are based on insightful analytics. Every deliverable of the role should be able to demonstrate a measurable return on investment and improved outcomes for the client.
- Complete the technical development of BI initiatives, ensuring constant communication and partnership with the BIT Initiative Owner.
- Translate complex requirements into effective business solutions, commonly in the form of a Tableau dashboard but this is evolving.
- Be an active member of the internal and external BI communities to ensure continuous personal learning and knowledge sharing with other members of the BI Centre of Excellence.
- Ensuring iterative design processes are followed, providing regular feedback and engagement to the business.
- Actively participating in feedback to other analysts with respect to the development of new initiatives.
Desirable Knowledge & Capabilities:
- A BI expert with knowledge of data visualization and analytical techniques.
- Bring global experience and best practice to bust silos and ensure effective utilization of data.
- Proven examples of having utilized Tableau and Alteryx to develop innovative solutions to complex requirements.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn new techniques and tools, as and when identified, for example predictive modelling.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written) with a strong understanding of analytic/statistical concepts with the ability to explain them to others.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to think broadly, create a shared vision, and embrace change as an opportunity.
- Client Management: Understanding client needs and setting and managing appropriate client expectations within system, project, or contract constraints all while providing exceptional and customer service, creating trust and transparency which enables integration
- Team Building: Key stakeholder and collaborators are geographically dispersed. Getting results from ad hoc groups of disparate people is critical.
- Experience in agile methodology.
The BI Analyst will have demonstrated the following competencies:
- Ability to engage with colleagues across the BI Team.
- Exceptional communicator.
- Experienced in working within a complex, corporate, environment.
- Inspires trust, adapts, and learns.
- Ability to drive focus and excitement within teams.
- Ambitious and driven to win
- Consistently exceeds in performance targets and takes quick, corrective action when required.
- Ensure execution, drive targeted results, focus on customers and lead courageously.
- Instills a proactive mindset that enables the organization to anticipate versus react.
- Alters the firm’s capabilities to achieve a higher degree of production.
- Able to affect change in the areas around them.
- Inspires and motivates toward new and stretch opportunities.
- Ability to transfer knowledge and expertise to colleagues that enables and empowers them to grow and develop.
- Influences others, engages and inspires proactive collaboration, builds talent, communicates effectively and builds relationships. Emotional intelligence and strong presentation skills required.
- The candidate will thrive in creating and maintaining relationships, be a forward thinking and creative individual with the highest ethical standards, and driven to deliver on targets that develop the business.
- The candidate must possess strong communication and interaction skills, the ability to influence others to achieve results and possess the following qualitative skills which are consistent with the company’s critical success factors.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, who’s able to communicate to all levels of a client organization.
- Previous evidence of creating innovative solutions that push the known boundaries of analytical tools such as Tableau and Alteryx.
- A proven track record of delivery and understanding of the latest industry approaches.
- Able to embrace innovation.
- Able to clearly position the JLL brand in the industry and raise its profile a plus.
East Coast, USA ideal (Charlotte, NC preferred) but anywhere in continental US is acceptable.
Virtual position optional.
The Sr. BI Analyst will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Business Intelligence and Analytics
While this role is not a formal management position, the Sr. BI Analyst is expected to support both their own personal continuous learning journey as well as their peers’ within the on-account BI team and the greater BI Centre of Excellence community through consistent knowledge sharing and other engagement mechanisms facilitated by the BI COE.
Estimated compensation for this position is:69,300.00 – 100,500.00 USD
The pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Location:Remote –Charlotte, NC
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.