Cloud DevOps Architect
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
Job Description: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced DevOps Architect to join our growing Global Cloud team. As a Cloud DevOps Architect, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing our cloud infrastructure pipelines while ensuring optimal performance, scalability, security, and cost-efficiency. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver innovative solutions and drive continuous improvement in our cloud-based ecosystem.
- Design, implement, and manage our cloud infrastructure automation based on industry best practices.
- Provide thought leadership to JLL on DevOps practices.
- Architect, automate, and manage cloud environments to support development and production applications.
- Develop and implement CI/CD pipelines to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of applications.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure seamless integration with the cloud infrastructure.
- Identify security vulnerabilities and scalability challenges and modify the CI/CD pipeline to adjust.
- Implement and optimize infrastructure-as-code principles to improve efficiency and scalability.
- Provide oversight for JLLT cloud platforms and services that encourage developer adoption and meet JLLT requirements for security, agility, and efficiency (cost optimized)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on emerging cloud technologies and evaluate their potential impact on JLL infrastructure and CI/CD approaches.
- Provide thought leadership, technical guidance and mentoring to other members of the Global Cloud and Engineering teams.
- Represent JLLT (JLL Technologies) and its values in public communication around broad initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions.
- Ensure delivered solutions meet and perform to technical and functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field
- Proven experience as a Cloud DevOps Architect or similar role in a cloud-based environment.
- Strong expertise in cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure automation, configuration management, and version control tools (e.g., GitHub, Terraform, Octopus, Ansible, Artifactory).
- Proficient in scripting languages (Python, Go, PowerShell, etc.) for automation and infrastructure provisioning.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (e.g., multi-tenancy, virtualization, containerization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Must demonstrate broad knowledge of IT and Cloud security concepts and implementation of controls for protecting customer and corporate data and understand implications of security standards such as ISO (International Standards Organization), SOX
- Demonstrated expertise with container orchestration and management platforms (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and layer 7 routing
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and security best practices in the cloud.
- Relevant certifications (AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect, etc.) are a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional documentation and diagramming skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
Estimated compensation for this position is:200,000.00 – 250,000.00 USD
The pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Location:Remote –Chicago, IL
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.