JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
- Seven or more years of progressively responsible IT experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
- Five years of successfully managing complex and risky projects
- Five or more years of BU or BU-facing experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
- Experience in leading diverse teams
- Experience and ability in using “soft skills” or “people skills”
- Experience in managing a similar transition is desired
Knowledge and Skills
- Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills. This blend is vital because this is a highly visible position with substantial impact.
- Ability to adapt to new circumstances in a changing business environment.
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies, and of how other enterprises are using them to drive digital business.
- Knowledge of project management methodology and experience or familiarity with major, defined program management approaches (for example, that of the Project Management Institute or PRINCE2 and agile approaches).
- Significant knowledge of project planning/scheduling tools (for example, Microsoft Project, Workfront etc.), with a solid track record of practical application.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment in which this role may not directly control resources.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to support a tactical resource plan by mapping future demand to forecast project completions in the project portfolio.
Senior Transition Program Manager is a senior position. The jobholder must usually demonstrate the competencies listed in Table 1 at an advanced level.
- Business Process Knowledge
- Adapts to new circumstances (e.g., changes in the business or macroeconomic environment)
- Understands workflows and processes throughout the organization, including the people involved in the processes, their sequencing and outputs of the processes
- Data Visualization
- Data Storytelling
- Data Literacy
- Applies data visualization techniques to communicate data through graphical representations
- Builds a narrative around a set of data to convey actionable findings from the analysis
- Identifies and navigates relevant datasets needed for reporting and analysis purposes
- Collaboration Opportunity Identification
- Consensus Building
- Meetings Facilitation
- Identifies areas/opportunities for collaboration within and across functions/business areas
- Brokers consensus among stakeholders with conflicting needs
- Facilitates value-added meetings with stakeholders
- Is tactful in contentious or politically sensitive situations
- Pattern Recognition
- Proactively alerts team and/or manager when faced with unexpected roadblocks
- Makes progress when given unclear, contradictory or inconsistent information
- Identifies patterns and relationships in information to make decisions
- Makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis, and makes prompt, clear decisions that may involve tough choices or considered risks
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people, taking calculated risks rather than missing opportunities
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction, generating activity
- Technology Curiosity
- Technology Savviness
- Personal Technology Adoption
- Learns and explores new technologies to perform their job
- Learns how to use and apply different technologies quickly
- Adopts new technologies to become more personally efficient
- Financial Foresight
- Organizational Financial Understanding
- Financial Accounting Knowledge
- Understands the impact of a decision on the business’ financial statements and financial wellbeing in the long term
- Understands the organization's sources of revenue and/or cost categories
- Understands core financial accounting concepts and metrics
Process and Framework Expertise
- Business Process Improvement
- Agile Expertise
- OCM Expertise
- Risk Expertise
- Reduces business process inefficiencies by applying appropriate frameworks (e.g., Lean, value stream mapping)
- Applies knowledge of agile and continuous delivery methodologies and frameworks in project, program and/or portfolio management work
- Applies guidance from common organizational change management frameworks (e.g., ADKAR, Kotter’s 8 Step Process for Leading Change)
- Applies guidance from common risk assessment and mitigation frameworks
- Feedback Responsiveness
- Design Thinking
- Incorporates stakeholder and customer feedback to inform decision-making
- Applies design thinking methods to ensure customer needs and perspectives are addressed
- Devises solutions to meet customer requirements
- Incorporates end-user feedback appropriately to refine scope and address shortcomings throughout the life cycle
- Skills Diversification
- Openness to Feedback
- Seeks opportunities to diversify skills and experiences beyond current role and function/business area
- Asks for additional responsibility and influential roles
- Seeks feedback to improve personal performance
Coaching and Motivation
- Team Incentivization
- Provides actionable feedback to improve team performance
- Motivates the team through work-based incentives
Location:Hybrid –Chicago, IL
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.