Azure Cloud Data Platform Engineer
Senior Cloud Platform Engineer
What this job involves:
About the role
- We are looking for a Strategic thinker, have ability grasp new technologies, innovate, develop, and nurture new solutions.
- a self-starter to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment to support, maintain and advance the capabilities of the unified data platform.
- This a global role that requires partnering with the broader JLLT team at the country, regional and global level by utilizing in-depth knowledge of cloud infrastructure technologies and platform engineering experience.
- Working with the application teams to prioritize new requests for functionality. Specifically, new user-facing functionality (e.g., the ability to ingest IoT data, subscription-based consumption, etc.)
- Addressing internal functionality (e.g., monitoring and alerting based on application performance, automated testing frameworks, etc.)
- Managing respective support queues (e.g., Ingest, Prepare, Storage and Consume, etc.) Note: agreed upon SLAs will be established post burn-in period
- Manage backlog via effective sprint planning based on feedback from the application teams.
- Mentoring and coaching the application teams on tools, technology and design patterns.
- Ensuring that the production environment is well built and that there is a clear escalation path for production issues
- Ensuring solution architecture meets JLL's requirements including, but not limited to, those regarding cloud spend, scalability, performance, etc.
- Developing infrastructure that is scalable, reliable, and monitored.
- Building a relationship with Cloud providers, to take advantage of their most appropriate technology offerings.
- Collaborating with the application team leads to ensure that the application teams' needs are met through the CI/CD framework, component monitoring and stats, incident escalation.
- Lead teams for a discovery and architecture workshop, influence client architects, and IT personnel
- Guide other architects working with you in the team. Adapt communications and approaches to conclude technical scope discussions with various Partners, resulting in Common Agreements.
- Deliver an optimized infrastructure services design leveraging public, private, and hybrid Cloud architectures and services
- Act as subject matter and implementation expert for the client as related to technical architecture and implementation of proposed solution using Cloud Services
- Inculcating "infrastructure as code" mentality in the Platform team overall.
- Create and maintain incident management requests to product group/engineering group.
- Analyse Complex application landscapes, anticipate potential problems and future trends, assess potential solutions, Impacts, and risks to propose cloud roadmap & solution architecture
- Develop and implement cloud architecture solutions based on AWS/Azure/GCP Cloud when assigned to work on delivery projects.
- Analyse client requirements, propose for overall Application modernization, migrations and green field implementations
- Experience in implementing and deploying a DevOps based, end to end cloud application.
Sounds like you? To apply you need to be:
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a quantitative discipline in science, business, or social science.
- Worked with Cloud delivery team to provide technical solutions services roadmap for customer.
- Knowledge on creating IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions in Azure Platform that meet customer needs for scalability, reliability, and performance
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Must have experience in application development on Azure Cloud.
- Must possess business level understanding of enterprise application systems to drive innovations and transformations.
- Should have very good understanding of Cloud Native services and how they ascribe to application requirements.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience with, API ingestion, file ingestion, batch transformation, metadata management, monitoring, pub/sub consumption, RDBMS ingestion and real-time transformation.
- Minimum of 3-5 years using the following technology or equivalent:
Azure DevOps, Azure Functions, Azure Batch, using Python, C#, or NodeJS, Azure APIM , Azure Event Hub, Azure Data Lake Storage (Gen 2), Azure Monitor, Azure Table Storage, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL Database, Azure Search, Azure Cosmo Data Store, and Azure SignalR.
- Work with infrastructure team and deploy applications on cloud using blue green or brown field deployments.
- Ability to provide holistic and right scale cloud solutions that addresses scalability, availability, service continuity (DR), and performance and security requirements.
- Help customers by supporting scalable and highly available applications leveraging cloud services.
- Scripting and Automation skills using CLI, Python, PowerShell
- Clear understanding of IAM roles and policies and how to attach them to business entities and users.
- Provide deep development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns.
- Design understanding and experience in RDBMS, NoSQL and RDS.
- Exposure to PaaS technologies and Containers like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Should understand costing of different cloud services.
- Should have experience with major AWS, GCP (or) Azure services.
- Should have experience with CI CD tools such as Jenkins, Azure Devops, GitHub.
- Understanding of Application architecture and Enterprise Architecture is a must.
What we can do for you:
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Location:Hybrid –Bengaluru, KA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.