Data Engineering Internship - Chicago, IL
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
About JLL Technologies
JLL Technologies is a specialized four within JLL. At JLL Technologies, our mission is to bring technology innovation to commercial real estate. We deliver unparalleled digital advisory, implementation, and service solutions to organizations globally. Our goal is to leverage technology to increase the value and liquidity of the world’s buildings, while enhancing the productivity and the happiness of those that occupy them.
As a Data Engineer Intern, you will:
- Develop, test, and maintain data pipelines to efficiently extract, transform, and load data from various sources into our data warehouse or other storage solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data analysts, scientists, developers, and business stakeholders, to understand data requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Integrate data from multiple sources, both internal and external, and ensure compatibility and consistency across different systems.
- Document data pipelines, processes, and systems to provide transparency and facilitate knowledge sharing. Generate regular reports and insights to track data usage, performance, and quality metrics.
- Provide operational support by monitoring jobs in production environment using scheduling tools like Control M, databricks cron etc.
- Assist in administering and maintaining databases and data warehouse systems, including monitoring performance, troubleshooting issues, and implementing necessary optimizations.
- Develop POCs to influence platform architects, product managers and software engineers to validate solution proposals and migrate.
- Assist in supporting users by developing documentation and responding to inquiries.
Dates: June 3, 2024 – August 9, 2024
Location: Chicago, IL | Hybrid
Desired Skill and Experience
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years completed in Information Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other related fields.
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture.
- Some experience and foundational knowledge on Big Data (Spark) and Cloud (AWS/Azure) technologies.
- Coding experience in one of the languages like Python (preferred), Scala, Java, SQL etc.
- Some knowledge on Data Pipelines in Cloud and CICD tools like git/bitbucket, Jenkins/octopus etc.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player, Reliable, self-motivated, and self-disciplined individual capable of executing on multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced environment working with cross functional teams.
- Independent and able to manage and prioritize workload.
- Ability to quickly and positively adapt to change.
We do not offer relocation assistance or housing for our internship program.
Permanent US work authorization required.
About our Internship Program
Take the opportunity to start your career early in the commercial real estate field! Spend time learning what it's like to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-orientated environment at JLL. Interns are an important part of what makes JLL a great place to work. Within our program, interns are an integral part of our team working alongside real estate analyst, transactional professionals and other associates. You will gain valuable insight into the commercial real estate industry while being exposed to multiple lines of business over the course of your internship.
Location:Hybrid –Chicago, IL
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.