Head of Service Desk Strategy and Operations
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL and JLL Technologies are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
What this job involves:
The Global Head of Service Desk Strategy and Ops will lead and execute the strategy to support our internal end users while also managing the relationship with the third party providing our service desk support. It requires previous experience of operational service desk management, a good knowledge of service principals and a customer experience lead approach with a technical background.
We require an energetic, adaptable candidate who seeks continuous improvement and thrives in rapidly changing situations putting the customer at the core of everything we do. Serving as a primary escalation point of contact/SPOC for JLL End users, the service desk plays a critical role in forming a customers’ perception of our business. As a result, it’s important that the service desk is effective, consistent, prepared, and courteous. This role will also be the bridge between the service desk and JLLT/JLL Users and be responsible for the ongoing digitisation of our service desk offering.
The role underpins the wider ITIL Service Operations competency. Effective Service Desk delivery is critical to the success of JLL, enabling us to provide superior quality services over our competitors, that meet our clients’ needs, and drive business growth through an increase in recurring annual profit.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Supervises & coordinates multiple levels of IT support regarding IT services under the ITService/Request catalogues, ensuring preservation of agreed Service-levels for service desk.
- Aim to achieve highest FCR/First to closed ticket in one go from service desk end via bomgar /remote tools.
- Lead, coach, develop, and mentor the team of leaders and individual contributors in service desk making up our global team.
- Drive a Proactive, Pre-emptive and automation culture, focused on the user experience (XLA)
- Improving eXperience Level Agreements in terms of service desk delivery.
- Implementing automation within process of service desk daily operations to provide better support to end users.
- Monitor KPI/Performance dashboards and use data to drive improvement initiatives & possible future automations/problems.
- Manage vendors to provide excellent support and guidance.
- Introduce and Improve Key Metrics for customers XLAs, MTTR, Incident Volumes, Incidents Avoided.
- This role will make sure service desk team are in sync with deskside teams on the process to avoid any gaps.
- This role requires the ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues within and beyond IT Services, to ensure that a consistent, high-quality service is delivered by the Service Desk.
- Act as the main point of escalation for all end users across JLL.
- Ensure all tickets are resolved in a timely manner by service desk and in case of SLA breaches proper penalty has been applied for the SLA breaches.
- Ensure processes are appropriately followed in handover of tickets between service desk and resolver groups
- Responsible for quality enhancement of IT service’s provision, with regards to incident and problem management as part of the ITSM framework.
- Service desk alertness of any cyber-attack and inform users and IT Leads for the update as they receive them from resolver teams.
Desired or preferred experience and technical skills:
- Ability to motivate, lead and manage the personal and professional development of individuals within the team.
- Natural communicator, working closely across different JLL business lines.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Nurture talent, manage succession planning and contribute to a high performing team.
- A naturally engaging, influential individual and good communicator
- Strong organisational skills
- Regional and/or global experience
- ITIL Certified
- Degree in related field (Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Networking or similar
- Demonstrable experience leading a Service Desk
Location:Hybrid –Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.