Software Engineer Lead
Software Engineer Lead
JLL Technologies COE
About JLL Technologies –
JLL Technologies is a specialized group within JLL. We deliver unparalleled digital advisory, implementation, and services solutions to organizations globally. We provide best-in-class technologies to bring digital ambitions to life aligning technology, people and processes. Our goal is to leverage technology to increase the value and liquidity of the world's buildings, while enhancing the productivity and the happiness of those that occupy them.
Our offerings focus on the following: CRE Technology (IWMS, CMMS, and EAM), Business Intelligence, Utilization, Workplace Experience and Mobility, and Smart Buildings and Workplaces.
What this job involves
We are currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer specializing in full stack web application development to join our JLL Technologies Markets and Research Engineering team as a full-time employee. The primary purpose of the role is to lead a team of software engineers to deliver a new cloud-based data management platform for our EMEA Research business, with the aim of streamlining how commercial real estate data is collected, managed, and delivered to both internal stakeholders and external clients, many of whom are some of the largest global investors of commercial real estate.
As a Lead Software Engineer at JLL Technologies, you will be directly responsible for defining the architecture and solution for the new EMEA Research data management product and leading a team of full stack engineers to develop, launch and support this product. You will also work closely with your counterpart who manages the APAC Research data management product with a long term goal of ultimately converging both products onto a common platform that runs on the Cloud.
- Work closely with Product Management, UI/UX Design and business stakeholders teams to turn requirements into technology solutions.
- Own and deliver solution architecture by working closely with the Enterprise Architecture, Data Engineering and various platform (e.g. cloud, security, API, server, network, etc) teams.
- Work closely with a Data Architect to design the new EMEA Research data model.
- Manage a team of software engineers to develop complex web application, API and database components within scope, on time and to a high level of quality.
- Set development standards and processes (e.g. solution structure, DevOps processes, source control strategy, testing frameworks) for the project team.
- Work closely with a team of Data Engineers on SQL script development for application business logic, ETL jobs and data migration activities.
- Perform the unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing & implementation activities.
- Manage DevOps environment – SCC, CI/CD, test automation, etc
- Evaluate 3rd party solutions, products, tools and libraries for use in product ecosystem
- Provide on-going application and data support.
Sound like the job you’re looking for? Before you apply it’s also worth knowing what we’re looking for:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience functioning as solution architect and/or team/technical lead.
- Very strong knowledge of ReactJS framework and track record of successfully delivering ReactJS-based projects from inception to completion.
- Experience leading architecture and/or solution design phases of projects.
- .NET core (web and back-end, web services, etc.)
- SQL Server (either on-prem or Azure SQL) and experience developing very complex stored procedures
- Cloud identity management and authentication services, e.g. Okta
- API development and management services, e.g. Azure APIM
- Management and configuration of Azure Cloud services (e.g. app services, VMs, security, storage, etc.)
- SCC and CI/CD using GitHub Enterprise and/or Azure DevOps
- Experience with performance tuning, high availability concepts, and disaster recovery
- Test automation technologies for web and apps
- Networking concepts, e.g. DNS, SSL, firewalls, CDNs, etc
- Search technologies, e.g. Elasticsearch and/or Azure Search
- GIS/mapping technologies and APIs, e.g. Mapbox, Google Maps, ArcGIS, etc
- Media management services and APIs, e.g. Cloudinary
- AI & machine learning technologies
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or engineering
What you can expect from us
We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
Location:On-site –Bengaluru, KA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.