Platform Product Manager
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
Are you excited about building out the world’s most comprehensive, cleanest, accurate ESG data platform? Are you keen to advance JLLT decarbonization suite by nurturing the data layer? The Sustainability Tech Products Group is seeking a lead ESG Data Platform Product Manager to accelerate this path. We are on a journey to connect various siloes of data sets within and outside the real estate space. You'll work closely with cross-functional partners to define and build the right data platform products to serve organizational needs and delivers on impactful ESG goals. You’ll leverage your knowledge of data technology to define the right products and ESG modules and APIs for our company, partner and customer use. Your products will be core to serving JLL’s greater vision of helping our clients meet their sustainability goals. You will be responsible for defining how ESG data becomes easy to use and discover at JLLT as well as the roadmap for how we get there.
This position is remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Define the roadmap, and drive adoption of the right scalable and data platform to empower JLL product suite to effectively ingest, store, process, transform, analyze, and curate data.
- Proactively identify use cases from internal partners, build business cases, define requirements and product specs.
- Build a robust feedback loop with customers, partners and users to continuously improve products.
- Devise product metrics to measure the success of our data platform in relation to overall Sustainability Tech Product team’s goals.
- Evangelize data products and drive platform product adoption.
- Establish relationships across JLLT and JLL; facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups to ensure we are working towards delivering organizational sustainability goals
- Be the product leader who redefines ESG data space through disruptive innovation, and focused execution
- Experience building data products and driving adoption of those products in other organizations
- BS/MS; CS/CE or equivalent.
- 3+ years in a role leading data products and cross-functional teams in a product management or business systems analyst capacity
- Experience delivering large-scale data products and data analytics tools, including storage, data processing pipelines, large- scale and high-throughput backend services, and/or user-facing applications that use those services
- Experience with AI / Machine Learning and IOT/ Data products is a huge plus
- Strong user empathy and aim to influence data product strategy and roadmap by providing thought leadership on end-to-end user experience
- Passionate about delivering the best user experience by actively surveying user needs and translating requirements into product roadmap
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, drive consensus and lead cross- functional teams under pressure
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities, written and verbal
- A drive to improve how things work, with a track record of developing improvements for team quality, performance, agility and efficiency
- Possess execution experience of agile principles
- Experience or knowledge in API integrations is a plus
- Experience working in the commercial real estate or smart building industry a plus
Estimated compensation for this position is:70,000.00 – 129,000.00 USD
The pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Location:Remote –San Diego, CA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.