Senior Data Engineer
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
About JLL Technologies –
JLL Technologies is a specialized group within JLL. We deliver unparalleled digital advisory, implementation, and services solutions to organizations globally. We provide best-in-class technologies to bring digital ambitions to life aligning technology, people and processes. Our goal is to leverage technology to increase the value and liquidity of the world's buildings, while enhancing the productivity and the happiness of those that occupy them.
Our offerings focus on the following: CRE Technology (IWMS, CMMS, and EAM), Business Intelligence, Utilization, Workplace Experience and Mobility, and Smart Buildings and Workplaces.
What this job involves
As a Senior Data Engineer at JLL Technologies, you will be directly responsible for defining the data architecture for the new EMEA Research data management product and leading a team of database engineers to develop, launch and support this product. You will also work closely with your counterpart who manages the APAC Research data management product with a long term goal of ultimately converging both products onto a common platform that runs on the Cloud.
- Gather, investigate, and perform analysis of business requirements from stakeholders and design suitable solutions to meet their expectations in line with the global standards.
- Own and deliver the data architecture by working closely with the enterprise architecture, software engineering and various platform (e.g. cloud, security, API, server, network, etc) teams.
- Define data engineering standards and devops processes to be adopted for the project.
- Lead a team of data engineers to design, develop, deploy, maintain, and improve data models and data pipelines and processes in production environment.
- Identify, design, and implement internal data processes improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-design for greater scalability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across business, data management, product operations and UX design to deliver on the product roadmap and vision,
Sound like the job you’re looking for? Before you apply it’s also worth knowing what we’re looking for:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 7+ years of data engineering experience, and has worked on multiple, large, complex projects
- Advanced knowledge of data modelling concepts, relational and star schemas
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server stored procedure development and performance tuning
- Advanced knowledge of Python (multiple inheritance, reflection, meta-programming), SQL object-oriented programming or other data related cloud technologies and design patterns
- Designs, architects and develops data processes, data discrepancy monitoring reports, information infrastructure and end-to-end, full-stack solutions
- Advanced with design patterns and can explain how to design a new application/system
- Advanced knowledge of Azure services (limitations and optimizations)
- Can design complex integrations across multiple systems
- Experience with ETL tools (e.g., Databricks, Microsoft SSIS)
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Advanced skills in cloud technologies such as Spark Streaming, Kafka, Cosmos Db, Mongo-db, Azure event hubs, Azure Search, Graph Database, etc.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or engineering
What you can expect from us
We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.