Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
JLL Technologies COE
About JLL Technologies
JLL Technologies is a specialized group within JLL. We deliver unparalleled digital advisory, implementation, and services solutions to organizations globally. We provide best-in-class technologies to bring digital ambitions to life aligning technology, people, and processes. Our goal is to leverage technology to increase the value and liquidity of the world's buildings, while enhancing the productivity and the happiness of those that occupy them.
What this job involves
As a Senior Backend Engineer at JLL Technologies, your responsibilities are to:
- Work with the product management team to design new products or enhancements. Take part in system development including analysis, coding, and testing in an agile product development team. To develop business requirements into cost-effective and elegant technical solutions.
- Consult with the business to develop documentation and communication materials to ensure accurate usage and interpretation of JLL business requirements. Understand the business requirements in sufficient detail such that a technical solution can be designed and engineered.
- Develop a technical understanding of how the data flows from various source systems and source types to the application database.
- Perform design and code reviews with other engineers. Be the person everyone turns to, to resolve tough technical problems.
- Help to evaluate requirements and solutions from a technical perspective and implement custom-built solutions in the JLLT environment.
- Perform estimates of user stories that are to be implemented to help with product engineering planning.
- Mentor less experienced engineers on proper standards/techniques to improve their development practices and efficiency.
- Write scripts to perform unit testing, and system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing support.
- Perform non-production and production deployment processes as scheduled.
- Provide ongoing support to the application.
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Server-side development - .Net Framework C#
- ASP.Net, Entity Framework
- Relational Databases (SQL Server)
- RESTful API
- Familiar working in agile projects
- Source code control in git
- Using CI/CD pipelines for build and deploy
- .Net Core/.Net 5.0
- SQL performance tuning experience
- Azure Data Factory
- API Management Platform (Apigee or Azure APIM)
- Experience working on large datasets
- Experience optimizing complicated SQL queries
- Architecting Applications in Microsoft Azure or other public cloud
- API Design concepts and Development of RESTful web services
- Experience using CI/CD tools
- Experience with Tools and Best Practices for Secure Application Development
Education and experience we’re looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- 5+ years of experience in developing backend applications is required.
- Reliable, self-motivated, and self-disciplined individual.
- Exceptional debugging skills and good experience with performance tuning.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Good range of hands-on technical experience
Location:Remote –Bengaluru, KA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.