- Position reports to the Head of VB Engineering, interfaces with a Project Manager and is the technical lead of multiple VB Engineering teams. A Project Engineer is responsible for all technical virtual building deployment tasks including: Securing existing site data, development and validation of HVAC sequencing, ML-model selection and tuning, high-level Tridium review/development, and VB engineering team management.
- Coordinate with Head of VB Engineering on technical development
- Manage data collection timelines for remote building automation systems
- Review and manage operational sequencing of HVAC equipment
- Establish timelines and review building automation integration implementations
- Manage multiple VB Engineering teams and associated technical requirements
- Coordinate with Project Managers and ensure project delivery timelines
- Advanced Tridium Niagara programming support
- Minor ML-model tuning and data filtering
- Manage project turnover to customer and support
- Skills Learned
- Technical management of remote building engineering teams
- Rapid onboarding of buildings into the virtual building ecosystem
- Professional customer engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced development of HVAC operational theories and design
- End-to-end deployment and commissioning for proper equipment operation
- Advanced Tridium Niagara development and ML-modeling
- +4 years experience technical background in HVAC Design and/or Building Automation field
- Extensive knowledge of basic HVAC equipment Sequence of Operation
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC equipment design
- Bachelors Degree Mechanical Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Working knowledge of Tridium Niagara
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Additional Qualifications
- Extensive understanding of HVAC energy efficiency measures
- Professional Engineering license a plus
- Basic knowledge in machine-learning
Location:Remote –Wellington, New Zealand
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.