Senior Software Engineer
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Business Line: Value & Risk Advisory (Capital markets group)
Location: India (Bangalore preferred)
Reports to: Head of Engineering and Application Development
About JLL and JLL Technologies
JLL is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. Our vision is to reimagine the world of real estate, creating rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we will build a better tomorrow for our clients, our people and our communities.
JLL Technologies is a specialized group within JLL. At JLL Technologies, our mission is to bring technology innovation to commercial real estate. We deliver unparalleled digital advisory, implementation, and services solutions to organizations globally. Our goal is to leverage technology to increase the value and liquidity of the world's buildings, while enhancing the productivity and the happiness of those that occupy them.
What this job involves: About the role
JLL Capital Markets Group - Value & Risk advisory provides risk analytics and advice across the capital stack to help our clients identify and manage risks in their real estate assets and portfolio.
Within JLL Technologies, to support business ambitions, we are developing a platform that collects data from number of sources and uses AI and data science to extract Risk analytics and insights to enable our clients make fast and optimal business decisions.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer specializing in full stack application development to join our JLL Technologies - Risk advisory engineering team as a full-time employee. The role is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting internal and external technical solutions that enable various risk advisory services be it AVM, Market liquidity, Socio demographic and sustainability risks of real estate assets and analytics for client portfolios.
Ideal candidates will have a blend of software & data engineering experience, financial expertise, and an interest in real estate, and they will use this combination of skills solve a variety of needs for our value and risk advisory business teams and clients.
- Work closely with Product Management, UI/UX Design and business stakeholder teams to turn requirements into technology solutions.
- Own and deliver solution by working closely with the Solution / Enterprise Architecture, Data Engineering, and various platform (e.g., cloud, security, API, server, network, etc) teams.
- Responsible for E2E development activities for Risk Advisory – Shared component eco system across front end, back end, and data engineering and provision of API Services.
- Develop, execute, and monitor - complex data model, on demand batch integration pattern, storage configuration for securely storing data, an execution mechanism to generate data outputs & insights for client needs & solve business problems using a variety of analytical approaches and methodologies.
- Development of application business logic, ETL jobs and Data model migration activities working closely with other engineers in the team
- Adopt existing development standards and processes (e.g., solution structure, DevOps processes, source control strategy, testing frameworks) for the project team
- Work with central teams to manage DevOps environment – SCC, CI/CD, test automation, etc.
- Perform the unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing & production implementation activities.
- Provide on-going application and data support.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the CMG and support client specific business insight requests.
Sound like the job you’re looking for? Before you apply it’s also worth knowing what we’re looking for:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Very strong knowledge of ReactJS/AngularJS/NodeJS framework and track record of successfully delivering projects from inception to completion.
- .NET core (web and back-end, web services, etc.)
- SQL Server (either on-prem or Azure SQL) and experience developing very complex stored procedures
- Databricks – experience in development of notebooks using SQL, Python
- Cloud identity management and authentication services, e.g. Okta
- API development and management services, e.g. Azure APIM
- Management and configuration of Azure Cloud services (e.g. app services, VMs, security, storage, etc.)
- SCC and CI/CD using GitHub Enterprise and/or Azure DevOps
- Test automation technologies for web and apps
- Application Security e.g. Snyk, Wiz scan report analysis and remediation plans
- Networking concepts, e.g. DNS, SSL, firewalls, CDNs, etc
- AI & machine learning technologies – ML Ops using databricks
- Search technologies, e.g. Elasticsearch and/or Azure Search
- GIS/mapping technologies and APIs, e.g., Mapbox, Google Maps, ArcGIS, etc
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or engineering
- Must have at least 10+ years’ experience working in software / data engineering with complex ecosystem and manage complex business requirements.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to effectively multitask.
- Strong knowledge of Agile Methodologies and principles.
What you can expect from us:
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Location:On-site –Bengaluru, KA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.