JLL/Technologies Centre of Expertise (JLLT CoE) (Bangalore)
What this job involves:
About the Role
- The JLL Technologies Product Engineering team aims to bring successful technology-based products to market in a high-growth environment. The team's mission is focused on accelerating technology adoption in commercial real estate by bringing creative, innovative and technical solutions to solve large, complex problems for our clients.
- Shape the future of real estate for a better world by contributing to the creation of globally scalable products used by JLL’s client customers – the most respected brands in the world.
- Developing native commercial grade mobile application on Android
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Utilizing RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Working on performance engineering focused on profiling and identifying bottlenecks
- Refactoring and phasing out legacy dependencies, including refactoring Java to Kotlin
- Writing clean, simple, well-tested code that is easy to understand and maintain.
- Reviewing code written by other engineers and offer constructive feedback
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Working with the Agile/scrum project management methodologies
- Troubleshooting and fix issues in production and non-production environments
- Collaborating with iOS and Android engineers, backend engineers, Product Owners and UX designers to ensure engineering excellence and timely execution of the new feature deliveries.
- Ability to keep up with rapidly changing platforms and awareness of the latest advances on the Android platform
- Demonstrating ability to work in cross functional teams and ability to drive results through positive influence
- Participating in architecture and design discussions, code reviews and project-related team activities
- Working alongside QA to provide fixes for Android device-specific issues
Sounds like you? To apply you need to be:
Experience & Education
- Experience and understanding of large and complex code bases and architecture
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- In depth knowledge of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Sense for good UX practices and knowledge of Material design patterns
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Skilled at writing Unit and Automation tests
- Attention to detail to carefully craft both tests and code
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills and an ability to multi-task in a deadline- oriented environment
- Utilized Kotlin for higher order functions, null safety and delegate design pattern
- Experience building apps using the MVVM pattern and LiveData
- Experience in integrating third party libraries like Retrofit, Picasso and dependency injection using Dagger2, Butter Knife etc.
- Experience in implementing pixel-perfect layouts and UI components
- Experience in building scalable and reactive consumer-facing mobile applications
- Familiar with cloud message API’s and push notifications
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in Android development (Android Studio, Java & Kotlin) with 2 years of solid knowledge of Kotlin
- BTech or MCA
Technical Skills & Competencies.
- Knowledge of Python/Django
- Experience in configuring CI/CD
What we can do for you:
At JLL, we make sure that you become the best version of yourself by helping you realize your full potential in a fully entrepreneurial and inclusive work environment. If you harbor passion for learning and adapting new technologies, JLL will continuously provide you with platforms to enrich your technical domains. We will empower your ambitions through our dedicated Total Rewards Program, competitive pay and benefits package. It’s no surprise that JLL has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the 2019 World’s Most Ethical Companies for the 12th consecutive year.
Location:Remote –Bengaluru, KA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.