Software Engineer (.NET)
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
JLL es una empresa comprometida con la igualdad de oportunidades entre hombres y mujeres / JLL as a company is committed to equal opportunities for men and women.
Software Engineer (.NET)
What this job involves:
About the role
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients.
Within the EMEA data teams, JLLT is owning different front-end applications, back-end data integrations and centralized repositories/databases to provide support and increase the business in a variety of the sectors such as offices, industrial, logistics and retail, that gives the company a unique offering and unvaluable expertise on the EMEA markets.
Today, Jones Lang LaSalle is looking for a Software Engineer to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment. This person will work with and interface with multiple teams with their application data needs and business requirements.
As Software Engineer, you will mainly:
- Contribute to the design and development of technical solutions to ensure that business requirements are satisfied.
- Engage with colleagues from data to help develop new business solutions, improve existing solutions, or help implementing global products by identifying business requirements and understanding business processes.
- Build solutions and data system integrations that take into account the applications performance, maintainability and scalability.
- Build and maintain (back-end) application programming interfaces (APIs) for the front-end applications to accurately consume the business data or publish it within third-party web sites/portals.
- Build and maintain user interfaces that help the business with increasing the efficiency of data entry.
- Develop new features, enhance existing features, and optimize existing functionality, from conception and design through testing and deployment.
- Write clean, high-quality, maintainable code.
- Engage with various global JLL Technology teams such as data engineering, data architecture, data governance, data quality and various product teams to help fulfill the local data need, comply with global standards, get incidents resolved, do IT request for infrastructure changes.
- Proactively monitor and operate data processes to get them completed as per the required scheduling.
- Troubleshoot failures, determine root cause and come up with solutions to solve the issue.
- Ensures proper escalation, prioritization and remediation of data issues.
- Develops proficiency in multiple data management disciplines and tools to develop robust data and information management solutions.
- Identify and acquire new data sources, performs data discovery to understand data values and relationships, and develops prototype solutions to deliver immediate business value.
- Generate documentation and communication materials to ensure accurate usage and interpretation of the data.
- Work on the global enterprise data platform based on Azure (Azure Databricks, Azure App Services, Azure Data Factory, Azure Container Instances, Azure SQL…) technology to build and maintain your data solutions.
- Work on a global enterprise code repositories platform based on either Azure or GitHub to correctly maintain and deploy the code to either the Azure cloud or JLL on-premises productive environments.
Sounds like you? To apply you need to be:
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a quantitative discipline in science, business, or social science. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of work experience in information science, data management, data integrations and/or computer science.
- At least 5 years of work experience in back-end/API services design and development.
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated experience with back-end services development – .NET framework is a must.
- Demonstrated expertise with API design concepts and development of restful web services.
- Strong knowledge with the Azure ecosystem – Databricks, App Services and Functions, Container Instances are required.
- Proficiency with modern programming technologies such spark, python, C#.
- Proficiency in SQL databases + SQL scripting language.
- Proficiency in containerization technologies (e.g., docker).
- Proven experience as a DevOps engineer, preferably within a software development environment.
- Proven experience with CI/CD tools and concepts, such as Azure Pipelines or GitHub Actions.
- Reliable, curious, self-motivated, and self-disciplined individual capable of planning and executing multiple projects/tasks simultaneously within a fast-paced environment.
- Independent and able to commit, manage and prioritize the workload.
- Capability to self-learn new software applications and programming languages.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience with data architecture, data integration/ETL (SSIS preferable), data warehousing, and/or business intelligence deployed in a complex environment.
- Experience with building user interfaces in low code tools such as PowerApps or using web development.
- Knowledge and experience with data management and data quality principles.
- Familiarity with NoSQL Databases (Mongo and Neo4j).
What we can do for you:
You’ll work in an international company but with a start-up mind-set. You will be part of JLL Technology consisting of 3500 employees. Our team focus is to help the local Spain and Portugal business to grow by interacting with the required global, EMEA or local business and IT stakeholders. This means that you will be able to work as an internal IT consultant and have a real freedom of action.
Location:On-site –Madrid, ESP
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.