Controller / Finance Manager
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2022
We are on a mission
Increasing housing supply remains a massive challenge in US cities, and the fragmented nature of the real estate industry has resisted innovation at scale. Juno is a real estate startup radically rethinking how housing and apartments get designed, built, and developed. Through a productized approach to ground-up development, we bring new precision, speed, and sustainability to our projects and are unlocking new opportunities to bring healthier, design-forward housing to US cities at scale.
Juno is tackling challenges in architecture, industrial design, manufacturing, supply chain optimization, property management, community development, and finance.
While our outward goal is to enrich people’s lives by delivering a better place for the world to call home, our internal goal remains equally ambitious. Juno is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where people of all backgrounds feel deeply and genuinely welcome. Thank you for considering us as you think about your next chapter. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Juno is looking for a strategic, detail-oriented Controller / Finance Manager with a record of managing both the delivery of financial reports and the creation of forecasts to meet our growing financial requirements. You will manage the day-to-day operations of our finance function. You will collaborate with all teams across the business, developing processes and controls for efficiency, accuracy, and completeness of financial information reported to management and external parties. As the primary member of the Juno finance team, there is a tremendous opportunity for personal growth, which is well suited for highly motivated and ambitious candidates.
This team player will report to a member of the senior leadership team while working cross-functionally with other teams. Our ideal candidate will see the opportunity to help the broader organization adopt a set of standard financial processes and goals as a tremendous contribution to Juno’s success. Strong preference for a background working with real estate or venture-stage technology companies.
Juno as a company has embraced a fully remote approach to work, with teammates based in cities across the US, with regular opportunities to get together in person.
How you’ll help us achieve our goals:
- Oversee the operations of the finance and accounting functions
- Manage and serve as the point of contact for Juno’s outsourced finance and accounting consultants
Accounting and Reporting
- Manage month-end close for multiple entities, including preparation of consolidated financial reports
- Provide direction on accounting transactions, policies, procedures, controls, and other best practices
- Research, document, and implement accounting guidance associated with company issues
- Institute and execute policies, procedures, and controls company-wide
- Coordinate all relevant tax filings
Forecasting and Strategic Finance
- Own all financial forecasting functions
- Prepare and maintain corporate, construction, and operating budgets for multiple entities, in coordination with department leads
- Assist with revenue modeling and scenario planning to help the executive team evaluate capital decisions and product roadmap
- Produce a variety of strategic analyses, charts, and metrics quickly and accurately.
- Reconcile discrepancies and identify gaps between strategic forecasts, annual plans, and rolling forecasts
- Support executive team by building external investor materials and various ad hoc analyses as required
What we’re looking for in a teammate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field (MBA or Macc a plus) and an active CPA
- 10+ years experience in corporate finance, accounting, or FP&A roles
- External audit foundation with a Big Four is a plus
- Experience in real estate development is a plus
- Experience in private equity or fund management is a plus
- Familiarity with venture / private equity audience reporting norms
- Team player who values collaboration and communication
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and capable of dealing with ambiguity
- Can translate goals into actionable plans
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of opportunities to ensure a solution
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, learn, adapt, and work well under pressure in a rapidly evolving environment
- Can proactively manage up and across
- Solution-oriented with a bias for action
- Low ego and constantly curious
- Believes no task is too small
Reasons to love being part of the Juno Team:
- Unique opportunity to join a mission-driven, innovative, early stage startup positioned for growth
- Work with a smart, warm, dedicated team solving hard problems
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Paid medical, dental, and vision insurance plans available.
- Flexible PTO
- Company-sponsored gatherings
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development reimbursements
Juno encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.