Business Intelligence Data Engineer
90% of the 200 top global cities have a housing crisis and it’s too difficult for property developers to build the places we need. To keep up with demand, the property industry needs to keep evolving.
LandTech is part of that evolution.
We’re supercharging the whole development process by building technology for every stage of a property developer's journey towards unlocking land. We started eight years ago, with two co-founders who built a product to help understand the development potential of any piece of land – LandInsight
Fast forward to now, and that product is the industry standard for site sourcing and assessment, and we’re a multi-million-pound business carving a path to international success . . .
Put simply, our mission is, “Create an open land market to unlock its potential for everyone.”
A multi award winning, value driven company, offering a unique challenge as part of a High Performance Organisational culture that will push you out of your comfort zone, yet offer the support, guidance and empowerment to help you both grow and thrive on this rewarding journey.
Offering a Hybrid working environment and flexible working arrangements, we holistically support both your personal and professional development. We provide quarterly performance reviews, strategic training and transparent career pathways; all the way through to offering personal development funds, cross departmental socials, and exciting and informative learning workshops.
The Business Operations department comprises teams in Business Intelligence, Business Strategy & Operations, Corporate Development and Revenue Operations.
We are a data driven decision making support mechanism that provides operational and strategic recommendations to management and the wider business. This varies from analysis of our markets and competitive environment to generating insights from customer behaviour, reporting internal performance and managing systems and processes that facilitate our GTM teams and provide the data we need to understand our business better.
We work cross functionally, aim to optimise performance, provide scalable operations and ensure LandTech continues to successfully achieve its objectives while managing rapid growth
Being data-driven and metrics led is a competitive imperative for any B2B SaaS business. Reporting to the Business Intelligence Lead and working with the rest of the team, the Business Intelligence Data Engineer will play a key role in ensuring that our data is clean, optimised and performant, allowing for one-source-of-truth reporting, quick deep dives and powerful insights. This will mean working with teams across the business to ensure that data integrity in our systems is high, maintaining and further developing the data pipeline, structuring the data appropriately and providing easy to interpret FACT & DIM tables. You will also be required to learn about the reporting and metrics the team provides to our stakeholders to provide support to the Business Intelligence Lead.
- Maintenance and development of the Business Intelligence data pipeline and data warehouse
- Creating and improving dimension and fact tables to allow better reporting and deep dives so that leadership have the metrics they need
- Bringing new data sources into the Business Intelligence warehouse, enhancing existing reporting and allowing for new metrics and insights
- Designing and documenting the Business Intelligence workflow, from source to output
- Taking responsibility for data stewardship in all areas they come into contact with, ensuring that data is of high quality and that reporting and analysis are coherent to avoid misleading results
- Well developed engineering skills, and understanding of metrics, reporting, KPIs and analysis
- Attention to detail, data quality and consistency
- Proficient with data pipeline tooling (such as Talend, AirByte, Fivetran or similar)
- Experience with data quality assurance
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of what great data architecture looks like and how to implement it
- 2+ Years experience in a role maintaining data pipelines & infrastructure (ideally with Redshift warehousing)
- History of developing DIM and FACT tables to a high standard
- Experience with a variety of data engineering tools and technologies (Python, SQL, Spark etc)
- Understanding of AWS infrastructure would be advantageous
- Equity Options
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible Working Hours
- 25 days Paid Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- Unlimited Unpaid Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Fertility and Family Planning Leave
- Volunteer Charity Day
- £500 Personal Growth fund
- Financial Planning Support
- Strategic Training fund
- £200 Remote Working fund
- Private Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance of 4 x annual salary
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Increased Pension contributions after 12 months service
- Dog-friendly office
Note: This is just a selection of our benefits offered.
LandTech are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, or any other individual differences.
We are committed to ensuring that no applicant is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.
We are proud to say that all employment is decided on the basis of merit.