Assistant Management Accountant
90% of the 200 top global cities have a housing crisis and it’s too difficult for property developers to build the places we need. To keep up with demand, the property industry needs to keep evolving.
LandTech is part of that evolution.
We’re supercharging the whole development process by building technology for every stage of a property developer's journey towards unlocking land. We started eight years ago, with two co-founders who built a product to help understand the development potential of any piece of land – LandInsight
Fast forward to now, and that product is the industry standard for site sourcing and assessment, and we’re a multi-million-pound business carving a path to international success . . .
Put simply, our mission is, “Create an open land market to unlock its potential for everyone.”
A multi award winning, value driven company, offering a unique challenge as part of a High Performance Organisational culture that will push you out of your comfort zone, yet offer the support, guidance and empowerment to help you both grow and thrive on this rewarding journey.
Offering a Hybrid working environment and flexible working arrangements, we holistically support both your personal and professional development. We provide quarterly performance reviews, strategic training and transparent career pathways; all the way through to offering personal development funds, cross departmental socials, and exciting and informative learning workshops.
We ultimately manage the finances and controls across the business but we are also heavily involved strategically in the direction the business is travelling; answering questions like ‘what is the best way to grow’. On a day to day basis, we make responsible decisions to ensure cash is managed correctly and use our technical skills to complete month end cycles and reporting both internally and externally.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and supporting the AR Assistant ; the Assistant Management Accountant will ensure that the day to day operations of the function run smoothly, including assisting the month end process to ensure it is delivered in a timely manner. They will also work with the AR Assistant to ensure that debtor balances are kept to an acceptable level.
- Responsibility for accounts payable and supporting the accounts receivable function
- Preparing commission calculations and processing payroll
- Banking, bank postings & reconciliations
- Support the business with any Finance queries
- Review and confirm the Quarterly VAT returns
- Preparing the deferred revenue calculations
- Expenses & vouchers
- Assist with the Annual Audits
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of departmental P&L accounts
- Assist the budget and reforecast process on time and with accuracy
- Adhoc finance and operations projects and reporting as requested by the Financial Controller
- Liaise with other departments to communicate financial information as required
This role is key to the operation of the finance function being involved in transactional processes that keep the department and the whole company moving.
- In the first 3 months, understand the processes and procedures of the company so the day to day operations run smoothly and assisting to deliver the monthly reporting.
- Within 6 months be able to independently look after queries and process the month end management accounts. Work directly with Department Directors for the budgeting rounds.
- Within 12 months start looking at process improvements, assist with due diligence and global finance operations.
- Xero accounting software preferrable
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace, especially Excel and / or Google Sheets
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA part qualification as a minimum
- Experience in SaaS business preferable, especially at a startup or scale up business
These are our values and we live them every day. Do you share them?
Our Package Includes:
- Equity Options
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible Working Hours
- 25 days Paid Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- Unlimited Unpaid Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Fertility and Family Planning Leave
- Volunteer Charity Day
- £500 Personal Growth fund
- Financial Planning Support
- Strategic Training fund
- £200 Remote Working fund
- Private Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance of 4 x annual salary
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Increased Pension contributions after 12 months service
- Dog-friendly office
LandTech are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, or any other individual differences.
We are committed to ensuring that no applicant is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.
We are proud to say that all employment is decided on the basis of merit.