Manager of HR Operations
EliseAI develops cutting-edge conversational AI technology for industries fundamental to our lives: housing and healthcare. Everything is built on the foundation of health and home. Broken systems or ineffective processes in these domains have a disproportionate impact on our quality of life and society’s overall wellbeing. Conversely, any solution or technology that solves problems in these areas will have an impact that ripples far beyond them.
That’s the only kind of impact we are interested in having at EliseAI. If you get excited by the thought of working really hard on these kinds of problems, then EliseAI is the right place for you.
About the role
You will lead the the People Operations at EliseAI, partnering with our CEO and CFO to ensure that our amazing team has everything they need to develop exceptional products and serve our customers. You will manage HR, feedback mechanisms, benefits, immigration, and the office experience.
Responsibilities will include
- Continue to develop and own the people operations function
- Partner with our talent acquisition team to ensure alignment of priorities and a world-class transition from hiring through onboarding
- Manage onboarding and off-boarding processes for all employees
- Enhance talent management and learning & development programs
- Manage and improve our people retention strategy
- Own all benefits programs and policies including annual Open Enrollment, paid parental leave, FMLA and STD.
- Maintain accuracy of employee data in our PEO, Justworks.
- Work with managers to provide constructive feedback and coaching to employees; assist managers with effective management of their teams and instill a culture of feedback and high performance.
- Design programs to promote employee engagement and ensure a leading employee experience.
- Manage immigration matters, filings, and processes for all relevant employees in coordination with external legal counsel
- Serve as key resource for employees with sensitive HR concerns; manage confidential matters with discretion and compassion
- Maintain a check-in cadence with managers and other employees as needed to ensure efficient people operations
- Manage company announcements and strengthen internal communication
- Promote a positive, fair, inclusive, and accountable workplace culture
- 3+ years of direct experience in people operations, ideally in technology/software startups
- Experience building HR programs (e.g., feedback, benefits, performance management)
- Understanding of federal and NYC employment law
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple demands at once
- Ability to move projects forward against ambitious timelines, and comfort working with ambiguity
- Experience developing relationships and working with colleagues across a company to successfully implement and maintain HR programs
- Deep understanding of US employment based immigration processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Excited to work hard at a fast-growing startup
- Startup mindset, ownership, and a proper balance of quality and sense of urgency
- Want to work in person at NYC headquarters (33rd and Park) 4-5 days a week
Growth and impact. It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. That means that instead of following a playbook, you’ll be writing it. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at EliseAI, we offer competitive salaries along with the following benefits:
- Equity in the company in the form of stock options
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100%
- Fully paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- 401k benefits
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Our brand new Midtown south office with an open floor plan, fully stocked kitchen, and company paid lunch
- Fun company social events through our Elise and the City program
- Unlimited vacation and paid holidays
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.
Job Compensation Range:
The salary range for this role is $150,000 - $180,000. EliseAI offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and a comprehensive benefits & perks package. Exact compensation inclusive of salary and any bonuses is determined based on a number of factors including experience and skill level, location and qualifications which are assessed during the interview process. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided by our Recruiting Team during the hiring process.
EliseAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at HR@eliseai.com