Backend Engineer (Commercial Real Estate Product)
We’re an award-winning LegalTech-meets-PropTech start-up focused on automating the legal portion of any property transaction. Our technology is already relied on by thousands of lawyers and commercial property professionals at a wide array of blue chip firms like Clifford Chance, Eversheds, Zurich, Marks & Spencer and Tesla.
We are backed by legendary venture capital funds in Europe (including LocalGlobe and Seedcamp who backed tech unicorns Zoopla, Wise and UiPath) and some of the world’s largest real estate companies and financial institutions (including JLL, First American Financial and Investec).
This is a pivotal and exciting moment to join Orbital Witness. We’re rapidly growing the team and launching a brand new product that will transform residential property transactions in the UK.
We are Bold & Ambitious ⚡ (changing an entire industry is hard!), we give Power to our People 💪(we give exceptional people autonomy to succeed), we Question or Commit (we welcome debate, we love reaching quick decisions) 🙋, and we Eat that Frog! 🐸 (we take on the hardest thing first).
Our vision 🏆
To fully automate legal diligence for property transactions, replacing a 150-year-old legacy manual process - an ‘Experian for the global real estate industry’.
Our mission 🎯
Our mission is to enable any professional or individual involved in a property transaction to have full visibility of any legal issues from the outset.
We are looking for passionate and diligent product focused .NET Engineers to join the Orbital Witness team to continue building our flagship LegalTech product as we expand into new markets as well as apply the benefits of our in-house machine learning software to help automate real estate due diligence. You’ll own the end-to-end design and development of key features of our web application along with the underlying services and infrastructure that support it. You’ll be joining a small, dynamic and fast-paced team with a focus on quality, usability and impact. You’ll be involved in every stage of the development lifecycle; from discovery and design, through implementation to deployment, maintenance and continuous improvement. You will be supported by a cross-functional, collaborative and growing team in delivering an impactful product, initially to lawyers and then to a wider set of B2B customers.
You will get the chance to:
- Take ownership of key technology decisions and lay the groundwork for the company’s ambitious growth plans
- Develop, test, refactor, deploy, maintain and support production software
- Collaborate with a cross functional team (a product manager, tech lead, and engineers) to define user stories, quickly experiment and ship new features along with implementing both functional and non-functional requirements
- Champion quality and reuse across the product and the codebase
- Collaborate with individuals across the business to ensure the features you develop have real business impact for customers and actually move key business metrics as we design and build out our flagship and future product line
- Participate in architecture and code reviews to continuously improve the quality, maintainability, security and scalability of our applications
You should apply if you:
- Care about solving the technically challenging problems we’re tackling
- Value shipping early and often to get customer feedback and then iterating quickly to improve the product
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or related field) or equivalent technical experience
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Have proven experience delivering large, complex software engineering systems
- Experienced web development record with at least 3 years experience with the .NET Framework (.NET / CORE / 6) (WebAPI)
It would also be nice if you have:
- Experience building applications with Docker / K8s / Cloud Native Serverless solutions
- Experience with IaC (Terraform)
- Experience with geospatial datasets and mapping technologies
- Built highly secure, fault tolerant APIs
- Experience building high performance, distributed systems at scale
- Proven experience of driving and using modern dev practices like BDD, TDD, CI/CD
What’s on offer
- Competitive starting salary, matched pension contributions and equity stock options in a fast growing start-up approaching their Series A fundraise
- Flexible working hours and location where you can choose to work from your home, the office or 40+ other TOG offices in London. Our office HQ is based near Farringdon station just beside Leather Lane market with great food, coffee and a constant supply of office snacks/drinks
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Professional equipment and personal learning and development budget along with training opportunities to learn and develop both your technical abilities and soft skills
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
- Access to the Spill Mental Health Support platform
- An inclusive community of colleagues where we enjoy all-company off-sites, lunches and team socials
We value diversity at Orbital Witness, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all of the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising
Something looks off?