Full Stack Engineer (Commercial Real Estate Product)
Our mission is to automate a 150-year-old legal process of due diligence, enabling anyone involved in a property transaction to properly understand what they are getting into, from the outset, before incurring legal fees.
Orbital Witness is an award-winning LegalTech-meets-PropTech start-up focused on simplifying and accelerating the legal process in property transactions. We’ve already saved over 130,000 hours of time - equivalent to over £50m in legal fees and we’ve only just begun! We experienced rapid growth during the pandemic as lawyers moved online and we’re looking to accelerate even further. We know how critically important early hires are, and we’re intentionally assembling a world-class team.
We are backed by legendary early stage venture capital funds in Europe (including LocalGlobe and Seedcamp who have invested in tech unicorns Zoopla, Transferwise and UIpath) and some of the world’s largest real estate companies and financial institutions (JLL, Starwood Capital and Investec). https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/14/orbital-witness
We are looking for a passionate, diligent and product focused Full Stack Engineer to join the Orbital Witness team to continue building our flagship LegalTech product as we expand into new markets, as well as apply the benefits of our in-house machine learning software to help automate real estate due diligence. You’ll own the end-to-end design and development of key features of our web application, working closely with our design team to build out not only our application, but our in-house component library. You’ll be joining a small, dynamic and fast-paced team with a focus on quality, usability and impact. You’ll be involved in every stage of the development lifecycle; from discovery and design, through implementation to deployment, maintenance and continuous improvement. You will be supported by a cross-functional, collaborative and growing team in delivering an impactful product, initially to lawyers and then to a wider set of B2B customers.
You will get the chance to:
- Take ownership of key technology decisions and lay the groundwork for the company’s ambitious growth plans.
- Develop, test, refactor, deploy, maintain and support production software.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team (a product manager, tech lead, and 7 engineers) to define user stories, quickly experiment and ship new features along with implementing both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Champion quality and reuse across the product and the codebase.
- Collaborate with individuals across the business to ensure the features you develop have real business impact for customers and actually move key business metrics as we design and build out our flagship and future product line.
- Participate in architecture and code reviews to continuously improve the quality, maintainability, security and scalability of our applications.
You should apply if you:
- Care about solving the technically challenging problems we’re tackling
- Value shipping early and often to get customer feedback and then iterating quickly to improve the product
- Have a real passion for implementing good UI/UX practices, with a focus on re-use and DRY code.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or related field) or equivalent technical experience
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience delivering large, complex software engineering systems
- Proven commercial experience with a modern JS based Front End SPA Framework (preferably Vue.js).
- Experience developing RESTful APIs using C# .NET.
It would also be nice if you have:
- Experience with geospatial datasets and mapping technologies, and front end plugins for such.
- Experience and exposure to Cloud Native Technologies.
- Exposure to Front End CI / CD pipelines and tooling.
- Proven experience of driving and using modern dev practices like BDD, TDD.
What’s on offer
- Competitive starting salary, matched pension contributions and equity stock options in a fast growing start-up approaching their Series A fundraise
- Flexible working hours and location where you can choose to work from your home, the office or 40+ other TOG offices in London. Our office HQ is based near Farringdon station just beside Leather Lane market with great food, coffee and a constant supply of office snacks/drinks
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Professional equipment and personal learning and development budget along with training opportunities to learn and develop both your technical abilities and soft skills
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Access to the Spill Mental Health Support platform
- Generous parental leave policy
- An inclusive community of colleagues where we enjoy all-company off-sites, lunches and team socials
Diversity & Inclusion
We value diversity at Orbital Witness, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all of the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising
Something looks off?