AI Product Manager
About us 🏢
We’re an award-winning LegalTech-meets-PropTech start-up focused on automating the legal portion of any property transaction. Our technology is already relied on by thousands of lawyers and commercial property professionals at a wide array of blue chip firms like Clifford Chance, Eversheds, Zurich, Marks & Spencer and Tesla.
Having recently closed our £7.5m Series-A funding round 🎉 , we’re looking to grow our already talented team with people that want be part of our mission. The recent funding was led by PropTech venture firm Parker89, who joined the likes of LocalGlobe and Seedcamp (who backed tech unicorns Zoopla, Wise and UiPath), as well as Portfolio Ventures, and Realty Corporation. We’re also back by some of the world’s largest real estate companies and financial institutions (including JLL, First American Financial and Investec).
This is a pivotal and exciting moment to join Orbital Witness. We’re rapidly growing the team and launching a brand new product that will transform residential property transactions in the UK. Check out 👉 this video 👈 to find out more from our leadership team to discover insights on our vision, future plans, and exciting series A funding news!
We are Bold & Ambitious ⚡ (changing an entire industry is hard!), we give Power to our People 💪(we give exceptional people autonomy to succeed), we Question or Commit (we welcome debate, we love reaching quick decisions) 🙋, and we Eat that Frog! 🐸 (we take on the hardest thing first).
Our vision 🏆
To become the universal risk rating for land and property, replacing a 150-year-old legacy process of manual due diligence - an ‘Experian for the global real estate industry’.
Our mission 💪🏽
Our mission is to help any professional or individual involved in a property transaction to properly understand what they are getting into, from the outset, before incurring legal fees.
Role Overview 🔎
We have a successful existing product which helps real estate professionals extract key information & create reports from legal documents. We’re evolving this product to add further value to our user base and are looking for a a highly ambitious Product Manager to own this product and take it to the next stage. Our products deliver much needed transparency and efficiency to our users in the commercial real estate space, with a view to transform the way property is transacted.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who has worked on and led the development of Saas products, plus experience with Machine Learning based products in the past. We want this person to deeply understand the interplay between engineering, data science and domain experts. Historically we were building our own in-house machine learning models but with the recent release of many large language models (LLMs), such as OpenAI’s GPT-4, we’ve pivoted to using them and would want someone who is passionate about learning how to use this brand new technology in production use cases.
You’ll get a chance to: 👩💻 👨💻
- Own the detailed product strategy of your own product area, in order to continually improve product-market fit and ultimately enable significant revenue growth #BoldAndAmbitious 💪
- Be able to create a strong product narrative for the team so they know how to win and be able to set quarterly OKRs and weekly KPIs so the team is focused on the most important thing #EatThatFrog 🐸
- Work with a dynamic team consisting of Tech Leads, Product Designers and Engineers in a fast growing start-up, in order to devise the most feasible route to market for new features within a core part of the product offering.
- Regularly conduct insightful user interviews both online and at customers offices around the UK to better understand use cases and gather customer feedback so it can be turned into requirements for the team to develop
- Relentlessly prioritise a roadmap and keep it up-to-date so that it can be shared at a high-level with the leadership and business development teams, as well as at a low-level so the team knows exactly what to work on next and for months into the future
- Manage feature development, bug fixing, automated testing, system maintenance and overall support for the product as we rapidly iterate on it for customers
- Pioneer and leverage the functionality of cutting-edge technologies, including GenerativeAI and LLMs, to build compelling user experiences that haven’t existed before and that can generate large amounts of additional revenue
You should apply if: ✍️
- You have at least 5 years in Product Management
- You have previously built Saas and Machine Learning products and have a track record of significantly impacting a business’s revenue
- You have a keen interest in utilising the latest in ML/AI technologies (including Generative AI and LLM’s) to transform the real estate industry for the better
- You’re incredibly driven and want the opportunity to lead a significant part of Orbital Witness’s future growth. You also want to be held accountable for driving growth and will personally champion the setting up, sticking to and achieving of quarterly targets
- You are not intimidated by wearing different hats and enjoy context switching between being product-focused one day and tackling data science problems the next. Understanding very specific legal real estate issues and domain language, high-level stakeholder management around business outcomes and revenue growth and detailed metrics and data analysis sounds exciting to you! You can assimilate all this information into a concise and easy to understand roadmap that the team and the wider business believes in
- You foster healthy debate within the team so the right outcome is achieved not just any outcome. You should have a “strong opinions weakly held” mentality so that you can lead the team effectively but also change your opinion when it’s wrong #QuestionOrCommit
- You enjoy building detailed action plans, and are happy taking charge of Jira (or a similar ticket management system) and Metabase (or similar analytics tools) where you’ll write clear requirements, prioritise work, respond to comments from team members and glean insights from metrics dashboards (ideally you’re also comfortable with writing some SQL to query data)
- You get how Kanban works and know first hand how it empowers a team to move quickly and iteratively while managing stakeholders expectations around timeframes, complexity and risk. You also have no problem talking about and optimising the team around continuous delivery, lead time, cycle time and WIP limits.
- You enjoy making adjustments to the delivery process of shipping code into production so the team is hyper efficient. You also clearly understand the trade-offs with building a feature complete product versus an MVP and your bias is to almost always optimise for how quickly you can get something in front of customers.
- You care about building a product customers love and how to solve their actual problems above all else.
- Competitive starting salary, matched pension contributions and equity stock options in a fast growing start-up
- Flexible working hours and location where you can choose to work from your home, the office or 40+ other TOG offices in London. Our office HQ is based near Farringdon station just beside Leather Lane market with great food, coffee and a constant supply of office snacks/drinks
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Professional equipment and personal learning and development budget along with training opportunities to learn and develop both your technical abilities and soft skills
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Access to the Spill Mental Health Support platform
- Generous parental leave policy
- An inclusive community of colleagues where we enjoy all-company off-sites, lunches and team socials
We value diversity at Orbital Witness, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all of the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising.