Senior Manager of Financial Product Strategy
Accounting & Finance, Product
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
What we do and why we do it
As the leading end-to-end investment platform for single-family rental homes (SFR), our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 400+ Roofsters, our collaborative, can-do culture is what fuels our growth. Early last year we closed on our Series E, raising $240 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management), Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform, and Rent Prep (tenant screening and placement service for landlords).
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance.
Roofstock is seeking an individual to join our newly formed Capital Markets team and will report to the Head of Fund Product. This role will be supporting the build out of an institutional grade Single Family Residence (SFR) investment platform and other products that deliver investor exposure to the SFR space.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is highly organized and detail oriented. A project manager with the ability to reprioritize in real time and juggle many short-term and long-term initiatives at once. This person will spend their time across multiple functions including product development, investor relations and product management. This role requires a dynamic individual who can navigate the complex world of capital markets, design products that can support a variety of investor types and support the delivery of its stated investment strategy. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of real estate investing.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with our limited partners, capital markets team and legal to ensure the necessary entities and legal structures are in place to efficiently accept investor capital.
- Partner with Investment, Research, Sales & Marketing teams to identify and size new investment strategies.
- Work with internal teams to build the investment process, ensure the data, technology and risk mitigants are in place to ensure the fund(s) can consistently achieve their investment mandate.
- Partner with the Capital Markets team to develop relationships with LP, understand their unique onboarding, reporting and communication needs. Ensure the necessary reporting is place to assist in the development, preparation, and review of annual LP conference materials, pitch books, performance memos.
- Conduct Industry Research and market analysis to evaluate and prioritize product concepts.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop financial models, forecasts, and budgets that align with Roofstock's growth plans and long-term financial goals.
What You Bring With You:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or a related field (MBA and/or CFA designation a plus).
- Proven experience (5-10 years) in capital markets, investment banking, private equity, or a related field. Private markets fund experience is a big plus.
- Strong understanding of real estate finance and investment.
- Excellent analytical and basic financial modeling skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable task and execute.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Collaborative and curious with a willingness to go above and beyond.
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (70%)
Flexible time off and sick days
We exhibit an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.