Senior Mobile Engineer
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
What we do and why we do it
As the leading end-to-end investment platform for single-family rental homes (SFR), our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 200+ Roofsters, our collaborative, can-do culture is what fuels our growth. Early last year we closed on our Series E, raising $240 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management), Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform, and Rent Prep (tenant screening and placement service for landlords).
Stessa is a product within Roofstock that helps real estate investors run their rental property business. The mobile experience is a critical part of its success. We are seeking an experienced Lead Mobile Engineer who is passionate about building and overseeing innovative mobile applications for both iOS and Android platforms. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of the intricacies of both platforms and be well-versed in React Native, ensuring consistent and efficient app experiences across devices. We’re seeking someone who is a team player and an independent self-starter; is a perfectionist at heart but wants to release fast and iterate. If you thrive in a collaborative, startup environment and have a passion for creating amazing mobile experiences, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Will Do:
- Design, develop, and maintain our mobile applications for both iOS and Android using React Native.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other engineers, to ensure the delivery of high-quality app features.
- Stay updated with the latest mobile trends, techniques, best practices, and technologies.
- Address and resolve bugs, performance issues, and other technical challenges to ensure optimal user experience.
- Conduct code reviews, maintain high coding standards, and promote a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Integrate third-party APIs and services.
- Ensure that our apps meet or exceed platform guidelines and standards for both the App Store and Google Play.
- Assist in the release and deployment process of mobile apps, coordinating with QA teams for testing and feedback.
- Provide insights and suggestions for improving app performance, usability, and adoption.
What You Bring With You:
- 7+ years of professional experience in mobile application development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Strong proficiency in Swift, Kotlin and React Native, with a proven track record of developing and deploying apps using these frameworks.
- Solid understanding of mobile application design principles for both iOS and Android.
- Familiarity with native build tools, like Xcode and Android Studio.
- Experience writing unit tests and UI tests for Mobile applications
- Deep knowledge of RESTful APIs and their integration in mobile applications.
- Knowledge of mobile app architectural patterns, performance tuning, and optimization techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes and tools.
- Knowledge of other programming languages or frameworks including Ruby and Python.
- Previous experience in a start-up or agile environment.
Our compensation reflects several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position represents the expected salary for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay it will be based on several factors including location, job-related knowledge, skills, experience and other job related factors. Roofstock is a total compensation company the base salary is only part of our total compensation package.
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (70%)
Flexible time off and sick days
We exhibit an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.