Head of Business Development - India
Turntide Technologies is helping turn the tide on climate change with breakthrough technologies that accelerate electrification and sustainable operations for energy-intensive industries. We develop full-stack, integrated, open systems that support commercial and industrial electric vehicles, building operations, and agriculture to optimize how the world uses energy, so every watt is worthwhile for humanity. We’re looking for curious, intelligent, collaborative people from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the sustainability of our planet.
There is a massive change happening across the Transportation industry. Companies are working furiously to develop new electrified platforms to meet the demands of their customers and do their part to reduce carbon emissions. Our Turntide for Electrification solutions help ease the customer journey and accelerate their transition. The faster they can transform, the better it is for our planet.
We are seeking a talented Head of Business Development based in India to join our team and drive our customer pursuits in the local market.
In this role the Head of Business Development will be responsible for the following:
- Working to identify and win new customers across the region
- Engaging with a range of customers from small to global enterprises and developing a network of key high level contacts at target customers
- Direct negotiation on large/complex deals
- Exceed annual targets and build up the pipeline for future success
- Partner with marketing, inside sales, and operations to develop and execute campaigns for the region
Experience and Skills
We’re looking for candidates with the following experience and skills:
- Excels at working autonomously in a remote, fast-paced, and dynamic sales environment
- Direct experience winning business with Transportation customers in market segments such as Automotive, Industrial and Off Highway vehicle segments
- Skilled at building new business by identifying targets and converting them
- Successful navigates large and complex accounts to build long term relationships
- Passionate about winning as a team (high degree of team-orientation)
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
It would also be great (but not essential) if in addition to the above you also had:
- Engineering + business background
- Direct experience with Electrification systems: motors, power electronics, thermal management, batteries
- Detail knowledge of the transportation market in India
- A strong relationship network to key OEM’s and Tier 1 companies
- Deep understanding of the Electrification value chain (key players, competitors, potential partners, etc.)
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and is a continuous learner
A related degree or equivalent
Relevant experience could also be considered
The ideal candidate will have the following personal qualities:
- Enthusiastic, flexible and able to thrive and succeed in times of ambiguity and change
- Structured individual with ability to interact and communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications and relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Good commercial awareness and proactive problem-solving skills to ensure business needs are understood and agreed solutions are delivered
- This is a very hands-on position – we expect a person with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise work accordingly and meet tight deadlines
- Pro-active taking ownership of tasks given and follow through to completion
- Must model highest degree of moral and ethical behaviour
- Must model highest degree of moral and ethical behaviour given the access to such confidential data
- Must be able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team
- Confident, thoughtful and able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical team members
- Ability to mentor and train effectively, supporting development through hands-on or practical experience
- Must display strong leadership skills and be able to engage and drive a positive high-performance culture
- Must have an agile approach to work
- Tackle problems with creativity and innovation
- Hungry for success, self-motivated, results-driven, and ambitious
Terms and Conditions
I understand that disclosure of my gender and ethnicity (“Voluntary Disclosures”) is completely voluntary and will not be used to administer by application for employment. This information will only be used for diversity, equity and inclusion purposes.
I also understand and acknowledge all personal information, except for the Voluntary Disclosures, provided herein or collected in the future by the hiring company (“Company”) may be collected, used, or disclosed to administer my application of employment and this information may be shared with Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries for employment consideration purposes, as well as with third parties who perform related recruitment services on Company’s behalf. These third parties are not authorized by Company to use or disclose application information, except as necessary to perform services on Company’s behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
I further understand that my personal information will be kept confidential, secure, and may be stored by Company and/or third parties in various locations worldwide, including the USA, Canada and the UK.
I consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of my personal information provided to Company for purposes noted herein, including the Voluntary Disclosures for diversity, equity and inclusion reporting purposes. Except for consent relating to Voluntary Disclosures, I understand that if consent is withheld or revoked, my application will be withdrawn.
I verify that all statements made in my application for employment are true and correct and understand that any false statement shall disqualify me from employment. For additional information regarding Company’s applicant privacy policies and the collection, use or disclosure of personal information in connection with submitting an application for employment, please refer to the Applicant Privacy Notice.